[iaoa-member] IAOA Virtual Assembly: 2013 Financial Statement and 2014 B

To: "[IAOA-member]" <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Gruninger <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:21:24 -0400
Dear IAOA members,    (01)

our Statute requires the Association's financial statement and annual budget to
be formally approved every year by a (virtual) assembly, announced at least 15
days in advance. So this is a formal invitation to participate in the first
2014 virtual assembly, whose main purpose is to discuss and approve the 2013
Financial Statement and the 2014 Budget. Our financial status is safe, not only
anticipating this year's FOIS conference and Summer School. Overall, we are
actively supporting participation in a wide variety of novel as well as
traditional IAOA initiatives.    (02)

The relevant documents (Financial Statement plus Budget) will be published on
April 02, 2014.    (03)

The discussion on the Budget (and possibly on any other issue concerning the
Association) will take place between April 02 and April 09, 2014.    (04)

Finalized details will be published by April 11, 2014.    (05)

The voting period will be April 14-21, 2014. Detailed voting instructions will
be distributed in advance and will be available at [1].    (06)

The quorum is satisfied if the number of votes exceeds 50%+1 of the IAOA
membership count, determined on April 13. If we are not able to meet the quorum
requirement, a second call will be necessary. The outcome of the voting will be
announced to the members' mailing list until April 30, 2014.    (07)

Please be aware that your vote takes just a few minutes, but is of huge
importance to let our Association move forward. Guaranteeing that the IAOA is
truly open and democratic is our first priority, and you will certainly
understand that it requires a huge investment of voluntary time. We really
count on your support!    (08)

Let me take this opportunity to express the gratitude of the whole IAOA
Executive Council to our acting Treasurer, Laure Vieu. She did an excellent job
in keeping our finances under rigorous control as in previous years, making at
the same time everything transparent and understandable in any detail. Serving
as Treasurer since IAOA's inception, Laure is currently passing on the
respective duties to our new designated Treasurer Fabian Neuhaus, under whose
direction the 2014 budget has already been prepared, and to the new Membership
Officer Claudio Masolo. We are grateful for their readiness and contributions.    (09)

Michael Gruninger
President, IAOA    (010)

[1]http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_Assembly_2014_04    (011)