[iaoa-member] RE(2): Nomination

To: "'Francesca Quattri'" <quattri.francesca@xxxxxxxxx>, <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Frank Loebe" <frank.loebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:00:18 +0200
Dear Francesca and All,    (01)

thanks again for your efforts, Francesca. Prior to further nomination and
seconding, I suggest that we take the intended proposals/nominations offline
and also clarify the satisfaction of the formal criteria beforehand, e.g.
constraints on IAOA membership. Let me check in the cases you have raised,
the general rules [1] are pasted again below. People willing and formally
allowed to be nominated will certainly send an affirmative statement to the
list.    (02)

Moreover, let me remind everyone of checking another formal constraint,
namely that an active membership is required for _voting_ in the EC
elections. In case you haven't renewed your membership for 2013, you will
not be able to vote in this election.    (03)

Thanks and best regards,
Frank Loebe    (04)

[1] IAOA ByLaws as of June 19, 2012    (05)

    http://www.iaoa.org/resources/IAOA-ByLaws-V1.2.doc.pdf    (06)

< quote >    (07)

ARTICLE VII. ELECTION OF COUNCILORS AND OFFICERS [...]    (08)

Section 3. Nominations and Campaigning.
At least two members (a proposer and at least one seconder, none of whom
should be the nominee) are required in order to make a nomination. The
members making the nomination shall ensure that they, as well as the
nominee, are current members of the Association, and that the nominee shall
accept the nomination. Nominees must have been members for more than one
year. The nomination, signed by those nominating members, along with the
nominee's "position statement" shall be delivered to the Election Committee
during that "nomination window." On timely receipt of a nomination and after
the positive verification of the IAOA membership of the candidates and the
proposers, the Election Committee shall add a nominee to the ballot list of
candidates. The Executive Council may also nominate candidates by
communicating to the Election Committee the names of the nominees during
that "nomination window." All communication can be done in writing or in
electronic form. Once verified, the nominee becomes a candidate and may
actively campaign for support, making use of the Association's member
mailing list and other communication means to do so, until the specified
end-of-campaign time point.    (09)

</ quote >    (011)