Re: [iaoa-member] Nominations for IAOA Executive Council

To: "[IAOA-member]" <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Francesca Quattri <quattri.francesca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Francesca Quattri <quattri.francesca@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:49:06 +0800
G'day and thank you for the notification.

Here come my nominations in random order:
I definitely agree with Michael's and Laure's nomination and would like to re-elect the current members of the Executive Council. I know them either in person or through email exchange (e.g. for the update of events and deadlines in our Association blog) and have high respect for their work.

I would like to nominate Peter Yim. As a member of IAOA I had the chance to experience Peter's great motivation and passion for the Association (just to mention: Ontology Summit 2013 and promotion of numerous workshops and events throughout the year).

There are many other Association members whose worked I learned to appreciate so far, but I guess  I can propose a limited number of candidates.
I'd like to cast my vote to Till Mossakowski, Amanda Vizedom, Nancy Wiegand and Stefano Borgo, for their work and drive and constant presence in the Association.

I read with regret that Giancarlo Guizzardi and Laure Vieu will step down from the Council and would like to spend two words to express my gratitute to both of them, whom I had the chance to meet for the first time as participant of the First International Summer School in Trento in 2012. Chapeau.

Nominator: Francesca Quattri
Seconder: Unfortunately I cannot back up my vote with a seconder for now, but I would ask to other Association members to add their names in case they would like to support me my nominees.

Regards,

Francesca