[iaoa-member] IAOA assembly open - Please cast your vote TODAY

To: iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Gruninger <mudcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:25:44 -0400

Dear IAOA members,    (01)

I declare our first 2013 IAOA virtual assembly open, following earlier
announcements [1-2]. Its main purpose is the approval of the 2012 financial
statement and the 2013 previsional budget, see [3-4], based on our Statute
and other legal requirements.    (02)

Starting from April 26 00:00 (midnight) CEST, IAOA members can vote online
until April 30 23:59 CEST [5]. All votes are anonymous. Detailed
instructions relevant for voting can be found below, while the overall
Assembly is publically documented at [6] (with process details, terms of
reference etc.).    (03)

[6] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_Assembly_2013_04    (04)

For approval we need to satisfy a quorum of at least 50% of the current
members plus one. Please note that only those members can vote who have an
active membership, i.e., who have already completed their membership renewal
for 2013 or have newly joined us this year (before April 16). But everyone
can contribute to discussions about both documents [3-4] via this mailing
list [7]. If we are not able to meet the quorum requirement, a second call
will be necessary.    (05)

If the quorum is met, the financial statement and the proposed budget will
be approved by a favorable vote of a simple majority of all actual
participants in the ballot. The outcome of the voting will be announced to
the [iaoa-member] mailing list [7] by May 4.    (06)

Please be aware that your vote takes just a few minutes, but is of high
importance to our Association - and values the voluntary time that members
spend on it. We kindly ask you and strongly hope for your participation.    (07)

PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!    (08)

Thank you and best wishes,
Michael Gruninger
President, IAOA    (09)

Steps for voting
----------------    (010)

QUICK SUMMARY:
1.) "Members's Area" [8]
  2.) "Utilities"
    3.) "2013 Vote for Financial Statement and Previsional Budget"
      4.) Vote, please!  -> THANK YOU!    (011)

Note that only voting "Yes" contributes to achieving the simple majority of
favorable votes that constitutes approval of a ballot, while "Abstain" and
"No" do not.    (012)

WITH REMARKS:
1.)
Go to the "Member's Area" [8] and log in with your IAOA account details.    (013)

[8] http://iaoa.org/members/members.php    (014)

Your user name corresponds to the email address registered with IAOA (which
may differ from the one specified for [iaoa-member]). If you do not remember
your password, you can reset it immediately via [9], found as a link at
"Membership and Benefits" [10]. Via resetting your password you should
receive a message at the email address that acts as your user name. If all
that should fail, please do not give up, but send an email to the secretary
[11].    (015)

2.)
In the "Member's Area" [1], click on the tab "Utilities" (the left-most menu
item in the top link bar).    (016)

3.)
Then click on the last, highlighted item: "2013 Vote for Financial Statement
and Previsional Budget".    (017)

4.)
CAST YOUR VOTES, PLEASE!    (018)

FURTHER NOTES:
* The act of casting a vote will constitute a member's participation in the
assembly.
* The voting options for the 2012 financial statement will be "Yes" (for
acceptance), "No" (for rejection), and "Abstain".
* The voting options for the 2013 previsional budget will be "Yes" (for no
objections), "No" (for rejection), and "Abstain".
* Note that only voting "Yes" contributes to achieving the simple majority
of favorable votes that constitutes approval of a ballot, while "Abstain"
and "No" do not. In particular, also "Abstain" counts as a vote, but not a
favorable vote.    (019)