[iaoa-member] Vote results and second Assembly call

To: IAOA-member <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Laure Vieu <vieu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 18:27:50 +0200
Dear IAOA members,    (01)

Unfortunately we missed the quorum required to approve the 2010
financial statement and the 2011 budget.    (02)

There were 43 votes, and with 99 members, 50 participating members were
needed.    (03)

RESULTS
Ballot 1 (2010 financial statement): 42 Yes, 0 No, 1 Abstain
Ballot 2 (2011 provisional budget): 43 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstain.    (04)

Our statute foresees in this case a second Assembly call, where no
quorum is required. For this second call, the Executive Board has
decided to consider the votes already expressed as valid, as it would be
nonsense for those who voted already to ask them to vote again.
So this is an opportunity for those who haven't expressed their vote to
do that.    (05)

The second Assembly will start on Saturday April 23 13:00 CEST
(tomorrow) and end on Wednesday April 27 12:00 CEST (next week).    (06)

If you want to keep the same vote you had already made, you don't have
to do anything (we will just count that as your new vote).    (07)

If you want to vote again (possibly differently from how you voted
before), just follow the voting procedure again from tomorrow 13:00 CEST on.    (08)

Please refer to
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_Assembly_2011_04 for the
details.    (09)

These rules may look as excessively complicated to somebody, but they
are there to protect the Association against possible bad management,
and to guarantee the maximum possible fairness. Especially in this
initial phase of our Association, we are convinced it is important to
follow them strictly.    (010)

Best wishes,    (011)

Laure Vieu, on behalf of Nicola Guarino, President, and the whole
Executive Council.    (012)