[iaoa-member] IAOA virtual assembly: 2010 financial statement and 2011 b

To: IAOA-members <iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:32:15 +0200
Dear IAOA members,    (01)

       our Statute requires the Association's financial statement and
provisional annual budget to be formally approved every year by a (virtual)
assembly, announced at least 15 days in advance. So this is a formal invitation
to participate to the first 2011 virtual assembly, whose main purpose is to
discuss and approve the 2010 financial statement and the 2011 budget. I am
particularly happy to announce our financial status is good, and we are in the
position to start supporting the participation to IAOA initiatives, such as the
forthcoming Summer Institute on Applied Ontology
(http://www.iaoa.org/iaoaevents/iaoaevents.php?id=5326878484969960849).    (02)

       The relevant documents (financial statement plus provisional budget) are
accessible at http://www.iaoa.org/downloads/Financial-Statement-2010.pdf
andhttp://www.iaoa.org/downloads/Provisional-Budget-2011.pdf    (03)

       The discussion on the budget (and possibly on any other issue concerning
the Association) can start now, by replying to this thread (or by starting a
new thread with an appropriate subject line) on our [iaoa-member] mailing list
<mailto:iaoa-member@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> . The virtual assembly will officially
start on  April 19 at 12:00 (noon) CEST. Starting from this time, IAOA members
can vote online till April 22 12:00 (noon) CEST. Detailed voting instructions
will be distributed in advance, and will appear on the page
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_Assembly_2011_04. All votes are
anonymous.    (04)

       The quorum is satisfied if the number of votes exceeds 50%+1 of the IAOA
members on April 22 12:00 (noon) CEST. If we are not able to meet the quorum
requirement, a second call will be necessary. The outcome of the voting will be
announced to the members mailing list on April 22.    (05)

       Please be aware that your vote takes just a few minutes, but is of huge
importance to let our Association move forward. Guaranteeing that the IAOA life
is truly open and democratic is our first priority, and you will certainly
understand that it requires a huge investment of voluntary time. So we really
count on your support and sense of participation to a common thing.    (06)

       Let me take this opportunity to express the gratitude of the whole IAOA
Executive Board to our Treasurer, Laure Vieu, who did an excellent job in
keeping our (scarce but increasing) finances under rigorous control, making at
the same time everything transparent and understandable in any detail.    (07)

       THIS IS THE FIRST OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. HAVE A LOOK AT THE BUDGET, FEEL
FREE TO POST ON THE MAILING LIST, AND DON'T FORGET TO
CAST YOUR VOTE IN 15 DAYS FROM NOW!    (08)

(A reminder will be circulated)    (09)

Best wishes,    (010)

Nicola Guarino
President, IAOA    (011)