iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Survey on present ontology education content and quality

To: IAOA general <iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:09:53 +0100
Dear all,

as you might be aware already, IAOA is co-organizing (together with Ontolog, NIST, NCOR, NCBO and others) the Ontology Summit 2010 (http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2010), which will be focused this year on education and training initiatives centered on applied ontology and ontology-related technologies. This is clearly a very important event for our Association, and we really count on your active involvement to contribute shaping our community, promoting high-quality ontological research, and offering young people – everywhere in the world – concrete training opportunities.

For this reason, I warmly recommend everybody to respond to the surveys described by the attached message from Peter Yim.

Let me take this opportunity to remind you that the present list - IAOA-general - is a TEMPORARY list: according to our Statute, to be a member of the Association you have to make an official application and to pay the subscription fee (valid throughout 2010), by visiting the web site www.iaoa.org, which is now fully operational and completely redesigned. Only official members will have the right to participate to the Association's activities and to enjoy the facilities reserved to them, such as the full-text access to the Applied Ontology journal, the FOIS conference proceedings and other ontology-related publications. Moreover, only members will be allowed to post announcements on the members mailing list, and the present mailing list will slowly disappear, being substituted by iaoa-members@xxxxxxxx.

Best wishes everybody for a great 2010,

Nicola Guarino
President, IAOA