iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Proposal for an European Science Foundation Network on On

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Nathalie Aussenac-Gilles <Nathalie.Aussenac@xxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:30:20 +0200

Dear all,

as mentioned in the latest IAOA EC public report available at http://www.loa-cnr.it/IAOA/public_reports.html, we have decided to apply to the call for Reasearch Networking Programmes announced by the European Science Foundation, published at

The deadline is October 22nd.

The call is open to contributions from non-european countries, which however need to fund themselves. Interdisciplinarity and world-wide dimension are strongly encouraged.

A short summary of this proposal is attached to this message, together with a VERY PRELIMINARY, pre-fillled application form.

The purpose of this message is to check whether you are interested to participate to this initiative, which is sponsored by IAOA but which formally requires the involvement of single researchers and research institutions, hopefully supported by their national funding agencies.

If you are interested, please send a message to iaoa.info@xxxxxxxxx, following the instructions below, and considering that we need to organize the contributions on a national basis:

- Start your subject line with the name of the country you belong to
- Give details concerning your affiliation and your position
- If you want, express your availability to act as NATIONAL COORDINATOR for this proposal
- Add your own quick suggestions concerning the fields to be filled in the application form, as well as any general comment you may have [this is not urgent, however]

On the basis of your answers, we shall appoint some national coordinators at the beginning of next week. We shall pass them the email addresses of interested people in each country, and we shall rely only on them for the final proposal preparation. In any case, please try to coordinate yourself on a country basis.

As IAOA Executive Board, we are convinced that this initiative, independently of its actual chances of getting funded, is a first concrete opportunity to strengthen our community, and to start building a joint activity plan. We really look forward to your active contribution.

All the best,

Nicola Guarino
(on behalf of the IAOA Executive Board)