iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] IAOA (temporary) Executive Council proposal

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:40:33 +0200
Dear all,    (01)

        here is the list of people that I propose for the *temporary
Executive Council* that will guide our new association to the first
ordinary assembly. As you know, this E.C. is not elected but just
appointed at the first IAOA meeting on April 29th. They will remain in
place till the first election which has to take place within one year.    (02)

        I hoped more people were going to volunteer for the E.C. but I
suspect many were worried of taking the position now because more
practical work is expected in the initial period of the association.
Considering the few that were available, we had anyway to make some
choice, asking other people in order to make sure to cover several
geographical areas and reache many research communities. Others are
left out, I'm aware of this, but we did our best given the
circumstances.    (03)

        Also, in making the list I was guided by the need to have people near
me that are ready to do practical work and to react quickly to solve
problems. In particular, I will propose Stefano to play the role of
secretary during this period, if the Executive Council will approve
this at the first meeting.    (04)

        Please feel free to express your opinion on this proposal, either
publically or privately, before April 29th. I believe that the
scientific position and visibility of the people in the list are
excellent, but we need the active participation of all of you to
launch the association in the best way and to make it known in all the
research communities. In this spirit, we shall certainly need
volunteers willing to follow the association startup process in
specific sectors or geographical areas. We are finally starting a new
challenge with the official beginning of the IAOA, it is our
responsibility to make it successful!    (05)

All the best,    (06)

Nicola    (07)

Proposal for the IAOA initial Executive Council:    (08)

Nicola Guarino, ISTC-CNR
John Bateman, University of Bremen
Stefano Borgo, ISTC-CNR
Paul Buitelaar, DERI
Antony Galton, University of Exeter
Michael Gruninger, University of Toronto
Riichiro Mizoguchi, Osaka University
Mark Musen, Stanford University
Laure Vieu, IRIT-CNRS and ISTC-CNR
Peter Yim, CIM Engineering Inc.    (09)

P.S.: We shall circulate by express mail the official constitution act
to be signed by those EC members who will not attend the meeting.     (010)