iaoa-council

Re: [iaoa-council] Yet another ontology standardization initiative

To: IAOA Executive Council <iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bateman <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 18:23:20 +0200
Hi Nicola,    (01)

> I received this message today (together with at least some of you, I
> guess). I believe we should discuss about the policy to adopt with
> respect to these iniatives... Let's add this point to the next
> meeting's agenda.    (02)

since I won't be online for the next meeting, for this agenda point
my feeling is that should not be the association's role to support
any particular standardisation efforts by any particular groups.
What might be useful is to provide a place where groups can
announce their efforts, perhaps as a wiki, where links and
aims can be noted, perhaps with some cross-classification
of properties. But individual support would be difficult to
justify. If the association is to serve the entire ontology  community,
such partiality should be avoided.    (03)

John.    (04)