iaoa-council

[iaoa-council] Decisions concerning FOIS steering committee and FOIS con

To: iaoa-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Achille Varzi <achille.varzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carola Eschenbach <eschenbach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Welty <cawelty@xxxxxxxxx>, Barry Smith <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Brandon Bennett <brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:34:18 +0200
Folks,    (01)

        thanks to the FOIS Steering Committee for the discussion. It seems we
can conclude that:    (02)

1. The current FOIS steering committee agrees to the dissolve, passing
its task to the IAOA Executive Council, with the recommendation to
systematically involve past program and local chairs in any decisions
concerning the FOIS conference.    (03)

2. For the future, the FOIS Conference Chair will have the role of
guaranteeing the continuity and scientific visibility of the
conference across time, supervising the whole decision process
(involving scientific, organizational, and budget aspects) in case or
problems or conflicts, yet maintaining as much as possible a low
profile, leaving a high decision autonomy to the program chairs and
the local chairs.    (04)

3. The FOIS Conference Chair will stay in charge for a term spanning
two conference events. This corresponds to a term of 4 years according
to the present schedule.    (05)

5. The next FOIS Conference Chair will be nominated at the next IAOA
Executive Council meeting (Friday, May 22 4pm CET), taking into
account the proposals coming from past program and local chairs, as
well from FOIS steering committee members.    (06)

I suggest to discuss these proposals on this mailing list (which is
the union of IAOA executive council and FOIS steering committee),
starting from now.    (07)

If no adjustments to the above points are proposed within next Monday
(European Time), I assume we all agree. Start making proposals for the
Conference Chair!    (08)

Have a nice weekend,    (09)

Nicola    (010)