iaoa-conceptual-modeling

[iaoa-conceptual-modeling] Postdoctoral Positions in Ontology-Driven Con

To: iaoa-conceptual-modeling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Giancarlo Guizzardi <gguizzardi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 14:07:22 -0300
Dear colleague,

We would like to announce post-doctoral positions in the Ontology and Conceptual Modeling Group (NEMO) in the Federal University of Espirito Santo in Brazil. NEMO is a very active group in the areas of Ontology-Driven Conceptual Modeling and Enterprise Computing. For instance, we are responsible for key contributions to the proposal of the Foundational Ontology UFO, the Ontology-Driven Conceptual Modeling Language OntoUML as well its associated tools. More information regarding our research program can be found in (http://nemo.inf.ufes.br). In particular, the following publications can give the interest candidate an idea of our research topics:

Ontological Patterns, Anti-Patterns and Pattern Languages for Next-Generation Conceptual Modeling
(http://www.inf.ufes.br/~gguizzardi/ER2014-keynote-CR.pdf)

A commitment-based reference ontology for services
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306437915000228)

NEMO has around 50 members (including permanent staff and students) and frequently receives internationally renowned Scientists. In particular, the research conducted in this post-doctoral position will be part of our collaboration with the Laboratory of Applied Ontology (http://www.loa.istc.cnr.it) led by Nicola Guarino, who will spend time in our lab during the development of the project.

NEMO is located in the beautiful island of Vitoria in the Brazilian southeast, where we have organized in 2014 the International IAOA Summer School on Ontological Analysis (http://iaoa.org/isc2014/) and is within a 45 minutes flight to Rio de Janeiro, where in 2014 we have co-organized the 8th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems FOIS (http://fois2014.inf.ufes.br).

This position is for a period of maximum 36 months. The postdoc has no teaching duties and will receive a monthly stipend of BRL 4100,00 (tax free). Associated to the position, the postdoc will have a personal budget of BRL 40.000 as support for travelling, books and equipment. For a general idea of the cost of life in Vitoria, please refer to:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Brazil&city=Vitoria

For information about Vitoria, please refer to the section ÒAbout VitoriaÓ in http://iaoa.org/isc2014/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Venue

The candidates must have obtained their PhD not more than 10 years before the starting date of the position. The deadline for submitting the formal proposal is May, 5th. For this reason, we encourage interested candidates to contact as soon as possible Vitor Silva Souza in the following email address vitorsouza@xxxxxxxxxxx).

We kindly ask you to forward this message to anyone you know that might be interested in this position.

All the best,
Giancarlo Guizzardi
(http://www.inf.ufes.br/~gguizzardi/)

Research lead at NEMO
General Chair of the 9th International Conference on Formal Ontology in Information Systems (FOIS 2016)
Associate Editor of the Applied Ontology Journal

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-conceptual-modeling/
SIG File-share:
http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/SIG/Ontologies-and-Conceptual-Modeling/
SIG Wiki:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IaoaOntologiesAndConceptualModelingSIG
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)
To join: please email the SIG conveners or to: info[at]iaoa.org
IAOA website: http://iaoa.org     (01)