health-ont

[health-ont] NHIN Summary Report available

To: "Health-Ont" <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Smith" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 19:17:09 -0700

Hello,

The awaited NHIN Summary report from Dr. Brailer’s office is now available. The process of summarizing 512 separate reports consumed extensive resources, and I am sure that your efforts in developing the Ontolog response is appreciated.

The full report is available at http://www.hhs.gov/healthit/rfisummaryreport.pdf

A press release is also available at http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2005pres/20050603.html

Sections 7 and 8 seem most appropriate to the discussions we expect to have in the near future on potential Pilot Projects to extend specific NHIN Interoperability concepts with formal Ontologies.

Thanks again for your Ontolog support,

Bob Smith

Health Ontolog Project coordinator