bsp-forum

[bsp-forum] Interest from buildingSMART alliance

To: "ibcomm@xxxxxxx" <ibcomm@xxxxxxx>, "Alan Vinh" <alan.vinh@xxxxxxxx>, "Building Service Performance (BSP) Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:59:57 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I went to a meeting this morning where FFZ Federal Friendly Zones BIMstorm was presented by Michael Chipley and Kimon Onuma. I finished up the Today writeup and handed out. Several people expressed an interest. Here is a link to the final, please throw previous iterations away.

More may be known after the buildingSMART conference tomorrow but 3 main highlights to pass along now are:

1. Deke Smith would like to bring the BSP group and the Common Operating Picture team, NIST BFRL together to talk about this actually as a bSa project and eventually an MVD. I don't know when or where but there is genuine interest.

2. The New York City fire marshall is working on a project in February, I met Hosney Abdelgilil from Hill International, who was telling me about some neat devices and Owner floorplan issues. Will find out more today and ask him to send an overview.

3. Michelle, did you ever go to the BIMstorm breakfast in Minneapolis? One of the people I have been talking to is Dave Jordani who *LOVED* that you walked into the AIA office and told them you needed to know more about floorplans, and is glad they recommended the local breakfast group that I just went to. Dave Jordani is the chair of the Minneapolis group and a leader in the AIA office there. He would like to meet you, may I pass along your contact information?

David Coggershell has sent some links with 2 sources of elements & categories should be melded. Makes sense and would like to work on that in the form of a cross reference matrix. Finally, I will be joining the OmniClass Working Group. The question is who I represent, my CSI chapter, WDG, or Accuracy&Aesthetics and will need to work this out over the next month or so. Greg Ceton at CSI who chairs OmniClass is "happy to assist as much as he can" looking over the classification schemes and interface between the NIST NG9-1-1 vision and the actual building and contract documents.

Regards,

Deborah

Deborah L. MacPherson CSI CCS, AIA
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics
Specifications and Research, WDG Architecture