bsp-forum

[bsp-forum] 2008_08_04?

To: "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:35:11 -0400
Will there be a conference call 2008_08_04?

What is everyone's opinion about IFC and OWL?

I saw a compelling demonstration of IFC yesterday by Nick Nisbet (AEC3/COBIE). As an example, he clicked on an air duct in a drawing, on the right side of the screen everything about the air duct appeared, capacity, manufacturer, when the part was due to be serviced and more.

We also discussed the differences between document vs data centered exchanges. Jeffrey Wix was also there and I was reminded of an exchange a few months ago about the semantic web layer cake and OWL.  There is so much potential.

Regards,

Deborah

Deborah L. MacPherson CSI CCS, AIA
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics