bsp-forum

[bsp-forum] Building Smart Breakfast

To: "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:03:20 -0400
Good Morning -

I participated in a breakfast meeting with Building Smart Alliance this morning and gave a brief presentation about BSP. I hung up the start of the code templates on the wall - a brief write up is here, and did a quick handout which is attached if anyone would like to use it.

The grass roots aspect of BSP was appealing and several people were interested, hopefully some will dial in for the kick off.  Afterwards I was talking with Robert Anderson at Nemetschek (software) who did the manufacturing facility provided by Kimon Onuma, they have an "integrative worksheet" that may be useful along with the wiki and OPS.

Deke Smith and Michael Tardiff from Building Smart are just starting to post some projects on their site. They want to send a form to fill out for BSP, the natural fit is Visualization, Simulation and Analysis Program (VSA) (92) the write up from Deke Smith's handout is:

"Identify specific opportunities for simulation and operational validation of simulation by bridging the design and construction modeling communities with the systems automation and operations communities such as the Open Building Information Exchange (OBIX) and the Machinery Information Management Open Systems Alliance (MIMOSA) communities."

Perfect!

Deborah L. MacPherson
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics
Specifier, WDG Architecture PLLC