bsp-forum

[bsp-forum] BIMstorm models / sampling of OCCS Table 11

To: "BSP Forum" <bsp-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Deborah MacPherson" <debmacp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:55:45 -0400
Hello BSP Forum

Please see link below to photo album from Kimon Onuma - each building model is designated with the requested OmniClass Table 11, Construction Entities by Function.

Bob Smith and I had a good talk the other day on the phone. Including:
Mission statement and scope of work draft in preparation for call next Friday
Using a combination of Ontolog wiki and Onuma Planning System (OPS)
Need for a diagram with the landscape of BIM-GIS-XML to show what is being worked on and focus on the gaps
Toby's blog has examples of simplifying XML for use in BIM
New materials, like self cleaning glass or self repairing equipment of the future needs OmniClass to be published or found
Sustainability requires A LOT more documentation then before
Develop a set of code templates based on the models provided by OPS
Leverage building codes to understand facility types and performance properties
Define a set of Building Service Performance requirements for 10 sample facilities

To that I add:
Trace a complete transactions or exchanges from Owners program, Design, SmartCodes to MF2004>UniFormat>OCCS to Operations
Ask and answer questions for specific purposes across a spectrum of simple to complex engineering drawings, specifications, and other building information
Develop questions based on David Cox FLIPPexplainers criteria and current gaps in communication, run some samples
Apply to California state criteria, ask more direct questions of the BIM and GIS data
Apply WDG checklist, CSI checklists and similar to verify the accuracy and liabilities building records in general - especially as compared to the as-built
Demonstrate solutions to community and facility operations issues using templates to find answers or at least be guided in the right direction
Capture and exchange as much BIM/GIS data as possible, in response to questions, at BIMstorm Vancouver
Apply lessons learned, fine tune and discover more once an overall exchange and documentation process is better defined

Deborah