health-ont

[health-ont] Protégé AMIA 2003 tutorial materials - Medical Informatics

To: health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:48:48 -0800
"Developing Medical Informatics Ontologies Using Protégé" by
Natacha Noy and Samson Tu.    (01)

Brand Niemann found this and recommended it (during our telecon
on 2005.03.08) for the community.    (02)

<http://protege.stanford.edu/amia2003/index.html>    (03)

Tutorial materials for AMIA 2003 tutorial

"Developing Medical Informatics Ontologies Using Protégé"

The tutorial materials contains the following:

  1. Slides from the tutorial
  2. A Wine ontology: the ontology we will use as an example. Simply copy the directory to your hard drive. On Windows, you should be able just to double-click on the file "wines.pprj" in this directory to open it in Protege. On Mac, remember the location where you copied the directory and open it using Project | Open menu item in Protege.
  3. Medical Informatics ontologies: medical-informatics ontologies that we will use as examples in the tutorial. Copy the directory to your hard disk. This directory contains the following ontologies:
    • The Gene Ontology, ported to Protege by Iwei Yeh, Stanford Medical Informatics, Stanford University (http://protege.stanford.edu/ontologies/go/gopage.html)
    • The HL7 RIM ontology, primarily developed by Bhavna Orgun (the RIM-HL7All.zip on http://www.ics.mq.edu.au/~borgun/Software.html), with modifications by Samson Tu
    • The GLIF ontology, developed by by the InterMed team. Mor Peleg was the primary developer of the example guideline knowledge bases (http://www.smi.stanford.edu/projects/intermed-web/guidelines/Protege_Ontology.htm)

Natasha Noy, Samson Tu

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/health-ont/
Community Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/health-ont/NHIN-RFI/
To  Post: mailto:health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx