SUMO Search Tool
This tool relates English terms to concepts from the SUMO ontology by means of
mappings to WordNet
According to WordNet, the noun"time" has 10 sense(s).
1. an instance or single occasion for some event; "This time he
succeeded"; "He called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip".
2. an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or
activities); "he waited a long time"; "the time of year for planting";
"he was a great actor is his time".
3. a period of time considered as a resource under your control and
sufficient to accomplish something; "take time to smell the roses"; "I
didn't have time to finish"; "it took more than half my time".
4. a suitable moment; "it is time to go".
5. the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future
through the present to the past.
6. the time as given by a clock; "do you know what time it is?"; "the
time is 10 o'clock".
7. the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial
dimensions) to specify a physical event.
- SUMO Mappings: Process
8. a person's experience on a particular occasion; "he had a time
holding back the tears" or "they had a good time together".
9. rhythm as given by division into parts of equal time.
10. the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned; "he served a prison
term of 15 months"; "his sentence was 5 to 10 years"; "he is doing time
in the county jail".
- SUMO Mappings: time
Explore the word time
on the WordNet web site.